All organizations should understand the importance of security and the potential risks they may end up facing.
Our Security Awareness and Protection Training is a 1-day awareness course, designed for people who need a high-level understanding of techniques and trends used in hacking rather than practical know-how.
We’ll introduce you to the basic technical concepts behind the various stages of a hacking attack, as well as to some common tools used by hackers and security professionals. The course will feature examples drawn from real-world breaches to show how lapses in security have resulted in high-profile damage to organizations and customers.
Why you should attend:
- You will gain insights into the mindset and motivation of hackers, learn how they infiltrate organizations and what damage can follow
- You will find out how organizations are exposed through various routes of attack, including the internet, employees, social engineering, emails and wireless
- You will learn about the security lapses behind a number of real-world, high-profile attacks
- You will have the chance to try your hand at some simple web application attacks in our “hack lab”
This course will enable you to:
- Gain an understanding of IT security from an attacker’s perspective
- Evaluate possible risks to your business that hackers may bring
- Understand the principles of how to defend your organization effectively from the risk of attack
Attend this course if:
You want to understand the real threat that hackers pose.
This course is especially useful for:
- IT managers
- System analysts
- IT security professionals and auditors
- Security officers and data protection representatives
- terminology, motivations, the lie of the land, methodology
- from harvesting open-source information to social engineering
- including port scanning
- including the threat from client-side software
- including attack pivoting
- including password attacks
- including botnets
- incident handling scenario
- threats, OWASP Top Ten
- practical attack scenarios